DJI Mavic Pro/Platinum Float Kit with hard foam floats.
NOTE: These are handmade, 3D-printed parts or craft styrofoam. They may have cosmetic imperfections, which will not affect their performance.
Brackets maybe black or white
You can download a copy of the instructions here for free:
Do to high Sales Volume Your order may take 4-6 weeks to ship.
I have been looking for a good way to launch my Mavic Pro from my sit on top Kayak, when at a Central Florida Mavic Facebook group meet up I saw a Mavic on floats. It worked okay, however I didn’t like the way the floats were mounted, and that it didn't sit or take off level from the water. So, I set out designing my own mounts which I printed on my 3d printer.
Besides water this kit is great for soft terrain like sand, snow, grass,....
- Why 4 Styrofoam balls instead of 2 aerodynamic floats like an airplane uses.
- Styrofoam balls are lighter, and never leak
- Four spheres spread out in the water will handle waves better than 2 floats
- Floats used on airplanes are hydrodynamic designed with a step to help the airplane get up to speed for takeoff and spray guards to prevent water from splashing into the prop while the plane is operating as a boat. Mavics take off and land straight up and down. They do not need a hydrodynamic float to reach take off speed
- Doesn’t this kit defeat the portability?
- The whole float kit can be installed or uninstalled in less than a minute. Take it leave it your choice when you head out to fly. Mavic still portable when needed and you can bring a second bag if you feel the need to bring the float kit with you.
- How much of the float gets in the camera view?
- Only with the camera pointed straight down under very hard left or right direction change the edges of the floats appear in the edges of the frame for a moment. Flying in Tripod mode or similar like you would trying to get smooth footage the floats never appear in the frame.
Included in the kit:· 4of 99mm Tapered Head Screw· 4of Flat Washer· 1of Rear Mount · 1of Rear Sliding Mount/Latch (slipped into the rear mount)· 2of Front Mounts· 2of Flexible Retention Bands for the front mounts· 4 of99mm Smooth Styrofoam pre-drilled floats
4. Withthe word FRONT facing the direction the Mavics camera points carefully Slide afront mount onto the Mavic’s front landing leg keeping the Flexible RetentionBand near the top. The nut should be angled out and to the front of the drone.If it is angled back remove it and put it on the other side.
NOTE: The nuts on the mounts should beangled slightly forward to provide better water stability. b. Repeat for other front mount.5. Insertthe screws into the predrilled holes on the Styrofoam balls. Push it in untilthe head is flush with the outside of the ball.
6. Installthe washer on the screw on the other side of the ball7. Threadthe bolt/ball/washer assembly into one of the mounts. You can use a coin tosnug it into place.
Caution: Do not over tighten8. Remove floats from brackets for storageor transportation. They should only be bolted to the brackets when you areflying the drone with them.9. Check the tightness of the screws at thebeginning of each flight, including battery changes.
We are not responsible for any damage to your Mavic.
Use at your own risk!